Monday, October 8, 2012

"What are you struggling with right now?"

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/

I recently signed up for the Nerd Fitness email list and the introductory email asked a question that I thought I would answer briefly...

 "What are you struggling with right now?"

-Right now? Right now I am struggling to keep my eyes open during the most boring day that I have experienced at work in the longest time. This curse/blessing of a day is aggravating because it highlights the fact that the hours of the day that I have the willpower to do anything, be it physical or mental, are spent chained to a chair in a partial cubicle staring at a monitor (accountant). I eat right most of the time, or at least what I thought was "right", and the same way I ate when I was 26 (now 32) and lost 30 lbs in 6 months, but I'm constantly either fighting with the 5 year old inside that wants a McDonald's Happy Meal or rationalizing why working out is "not an option today" due various ridiculous reasons (no time, too tired, already walked a lot...) Also, my boyfriend hates home cooking, or rather, prefers going out to eat or getting take out. My willpower is generally shot by the time I'm sitting in a booth looking at pictures of golden fried chicken on a bed of lettuce with eggs, cheese and bacon... but there has been a kind of "leveling up" in the works for a bit before I stumbled upon the site

Improvements that I have been able to stick with this year include: Shorter, more attainable goals - 10 lbs in two months rather than looking at the 100 I want to lose as it s l o w l y dwindles down <- I just hit this one!!!

Using my stove - I now cook/make lunch every day for work and make most dinners for myself either ahead of time and freeze them or when I get home from work

Don't give up - In all of the years that I have been "struggling" with my weight, and overall health and fitness level, I have never been able to say, "I give up" and just let it go... I know there is no other option than getting healthy. I did stop counting attempts, but I have not stopped attempting to change my body for the better.

 I'm looking forward to using all that Nerd Fitness has to offer to aid in my goals.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment