Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Choo- Choo- Choose You!

Valentine’s Day. Sigh :) … My amazing and thoughtful boyfriend got me roses and chocolates and took me out to dinner at Katana (Hibachi) in Royal Oak. I had the first true Valentine of my life and had a great time celebrating a corporate, Hallmark holiday that was originally a giant pagan orgy, but that the church replaced with an homage to a saint (in the style of nixing the pagan winter solstice festivals and putting Jesus’ birthday in its place)... Anyway, this year’s corporate, Hallmark, former pagan orgy, now homage to a saint was well celebrated and I was extremely blessed to spend it with Bryan.

On to the topic of the weight loss (kinda the theme of this blog, so I guess it must be mentioned). My mission to lose a mere 0.2 lbs last week was thwarted by dinners out, pizza and enjoying the aforementioned chocolates. I came out less scathed than I thought I would and have a gain of only… 0.2 lbs on record at Weight Watchers. My new mission is to lose at least 0.4 lbs by next Tuesday’s meeting so I can get that shiny blue ribbon announcing the news of a 10 lb weight loss! I am also fairly close to my 5% goal and would like to receive both honors that night, but I’ll be focusing mainly on the baby steps right now.

I do like that WWs new program encourages it’s members to be “normal” with their eating. Not necessarily the normal that got us to be overweight, but the normal that goes out to eat, doesn’t feel starvation, deprivation, or an overabundance of want, want, WANT!!! The normal that has a small piece of birthday cake and doesn’t feel the need to take the rest of it and chow down when no one is watching (because the calories don’t count if no one sees you eating, right?)

On that note, I am experiencing a lot of old cravings and habits trying to climb back into my daily routine. I’m fighting with my inner eater nearly every time I get in the car. Here’s a sample of the conversations I have in my head:

Eater Mel: I want a cheeseburger
Determined Mel: No, you can have a black bean burger for dinner.

EM: I want McDonald’s Breakfast… I’ll be extra good with lunch and dinner!
DM: No you won’t, you’re going to want garbage for lunch and you’ll make yourself sick.

EM: I need some veggies from the grocery store to make salads tonight… and I need some taquitos, and some cheese dip, and some Potato Skins!!!
DM: NOOOOOOOOO!
EM: Ok… then… how about… chicken nuggets?
DM: …
EM: Fries?
DM: …
EM: Nachos Supreme?
DM: … No.
EM: I CAN’T HAVE ANYTHING I WANT!!!

EM is about 6 years old, I think… aaaaaaand now I feel crazy.

I’m in need of support and prayers to get over this first hurdle. Thanks for whatever positive reinforcement you can offer.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment