Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And The Road Rose Up To Meet Me...

At the risk of jinxing a milestone in progress, I am happy to report that I have made it through one and a half days with no cheats. No excuses like, "it's just one bite," or, "it's just one day"... So far...

If you chose to read through my archives on this subject you would see this type of entry typically precedes a post on the topic of how I've failed, let myself down, and ruined everything forever...

So.. hopefully... not again?

The Challenge is on with Bryan's family... I weighed in, at night, with shoes on at 235, last year I weighed more than Bryan's dad who is taller, older (duh) and more male than I... I was very sad... This year I am proud to report I weigh less than Bryan's dad... 3 lbs less to be exact...

The Fitness Challenge at work starts Monday January 16th 2012

My own New Year's Resolution/Kick Start Diet is the one I finally stuck to since yesterday morning, and I'm down a total of 5 lbs since the start of the year, so not too shabby... but I've got to keep it up. I would have been down even more if it weren't for Doritos and excuses.

I really wonder if hypnosis works for food issues. If anyone reading this has tried it, please comment with your thoughts. I know a lot of this is mind over matter, but I give in to matter a lot and need any tools I can get to get my mind right.

Next week I will begin my gym schedule. I'm committing to going after work on Mondays and Wednesdays to start out. I will add more as I advance, if necessary. I'll be doing mainly cardio (elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike) to begin, but will add weight training after my body gets used to things.

I'm hoping to have my budget in order by summer so I can sign up with a personal trainer at my gym. I know other gyms have free trainers, but I've had a Lifetime Membership at Fitness USA paid off since I was 20 and feel like it's worth it to use the gym for free and pay for the trainer when I'm ready.

Anyway, I'm well on my way to two whole days of sticking to my guns. Screw you Doritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment