Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New You!

Hiya folks!

Today is day 2 of the Kick-Start Diet Transformation Extravaganza! That's a mouthful. I will refer to it as KS from now on.

This part of my attack plan includes breaking my addiction to fast food, junk food and sugar.
I am abstaining from added sugar, bad carbs, added oils/fats, and artificial mumbo jumbo for the next 40-ish days in order to clean out the garbage and reset my system.
This is going well as it is only KS day 2.
This will not always be the case.
I am going to struggle, but I will be strong and I will overcome dangit!!!

The tough part, for me, is arguing with myself. It always has been. This blog is intended as a way to lay out the argument, laugh at how silly it is, and get on with reality.

The Challenge (between me, Bryan, his dad, and maybe his sis and some of his friends) will start next week sometime. That will add a level of commitment to this initiative by throwing a monetary prize into the arena. We all put in $60 or so and the person with the highest percentage of weight lost in 12 weeks gets the money and bragging rights. If only there were more chubby people at work, I could start one here too, but... there are not. I'm the jiggliest person in the office... and I hate it...

I'm keeping a journal of my food intake, drinking plenty of water and tea, taking a multivitamin, biotin, echinacea, and vitamin C daily and a girl at work and I are going to walk the empty third floor of our building every weekday at lunch.

So, I've got a weight loss buddy at work, my boyfriend Bryan doing The Challenge as an ally, my mom and sister doing the same kick-start, and a ton of friends supporting me through it all.

I really feel like this will be the year I get it done. On track, at goal, and in maintenance by 2013!!!

-----

On a non-nutrition note, I read all three books in the Hunger Games series over the holiday weeks and they are fantastic... I can not wait for the films, though I will need to do my best to forget details and let myself enjoy the director's interpretation of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment