Friday, June 18, 2010

A Day At the Park

Last night I went to the park with some friends and we ate some turkey hot dogs and hung out.

I forgot how much absolute fun it is to play and swing... I was flying through the air and put my head all the way back to see the world upside down... I felt like I was 8 again. Memories of the hours I'd spent and the playgrounds I loved flooded back to me. Not a bit of sadness was there, just joy and pumping my legs and stretching them out again as I laid back and sliced through the air to swing higher and higher.

Fun... THAT'S what it was like... Now I remember.

This weekend should be even more fun as I'm going to a grad party and a bonfire and making pizzas with my dad on Sunday to celebrate how good of a Father he's been to me.

Feeling a little sentimental today, but it's ok... It's Friday, I'm wearing jeans at work and all is good in my hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment