Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nom Nom Nom

Feeling gooooood...

I've been feeling like I actually want to workout lately, which is fantastic, just... now I need to find the time. Working 10-12 hours a day and going to school for 4 hours a night on Monday and Wednesday are major time eaters, not to mention homework and other commitments. Though, I did ride my bike to school the last time there was a clear night and it was really fun (especially the ride home downhill).

What I'm doing that is working is being mindful of my stomach.
Am I really hungry enough to eat ALL of this giant Greek salad or do I want to get the dressing on the side and take half of it home?
Do I really want two chicken sausages with my green beans and quinoa or is one enough?
Should I order desert right away or see if I'm even going to want it after I finish with my meal?
Am I hungry or do I just feel like chewing?

Yesterday I had Laughing Cow cheese and Special K crackers for breakfast... I normally avoid processed name brands, but this was good, filling, and felt like a lot more than 4 points (200 calories)...
Lunch was the blue plate special at the little home style diner by work and I ate the entire Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes w/gravy (sooo freaking good) and don't feel guilty because it was fresh made, satisfying, and not the norm...
I was still full through dinner time and forgot my tofu burrito when I left for school so I had to settle for a pack of peanuts from the vending machine at our 7:30 break....
When I got home I cut up a small cucumber and an ounce of Gruyere cheese and had a nice late night snack (which I usually avoid)

I'm feeling better. I'm down 3lbs since June 1st and I don't feel deprived or over worked...

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment