Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fifteen

Day 15 of tracking my paleo menu plan and I haven't posted in a bit. This is not because I have been slacking. On the contrary, I have stuck with it pretty darn well aside from some bread at one meal for Bryan's sister's birthday, and some cake... I just got kinda bored posting the same thing I ate last week for breakfast/lunch. 
Anyway, I am recommitted to logging everyday, even if only for my benefit. :)

This weekend was exhausting! Starting off, I woke up at 6 on Saturday and that was it... No return to sleep for me. I got going right away and headed out to the store for some food and supplies. I got home, made all my lunches for the week, and made me some breakfast. Then it was time to chill for a sec watching a little tv before putting plastic up in my windows (drafty apartment might have been a part of waking up early). Then lunch and after that, I went over to Bryan's to help clean up the yard... So many leaves... Oh my word... Ran back home to help my friend Sarah load my old dresser/desk thingy

into her van and ran back to Bryan's to put my feet up. 

Sunday was more errands and trying to relax with debilitating back pain... I overdid it while raking, I guess.

Anyhow, today was a typical workday. Here's what my food looked like before I chewed it all up.

Meal 1

Roast Beef & Peppers Scramble

Meal 2
Chocolate Chili w/Onion, Green Olive & Avocado

Meal 3

Oven Roasted Chicken Breast w/Yam Wedges & Fauxlenta 

The Fauxlenta is this cauliflower/egg experiment that turned out the same texture and flavor as creamy polenta. I took two cups of mashed cauliflower and beat one egg into it. Grilled some onions in Ghee in a small skillet over medium heat and carefully poured the mixture over top trying not to move the onions (so it'd look neat like the pic), salted and peppered the top and covered it to let it cook/brown for about 10 minutes before flipping to lightly brown the other side. I split it and froze half for a future meal.
It was gooooood!

I made if halfway through this endeavor and, though much more lax than the Whole30, I have had quite a lot of the benefits of more whole foods. Even though I do seriously want crispy fried chicken or a big ol' cheeseburger, I am finding it more natural to not indulge each little whim. 

I am doing a full on Whole30 beginning January 2nd. Anyone that wants to play along, send me a note and I'll share my meal plan, recipes, and shopping lists with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment