Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 44: 40 Days of Sweating

Today is Fat Tuesday, so I'm pretending calories don't exist and just not stressing out today. As of this morning I'm back down to 213 (yay!) and in need of a better short term goal (834 calories/day? What was I thinking???)

Tomorrow I'm beginning a 40 Day intensive challenge to get below 200lbs by the end of Lent. I'm not catholic, but it's as good a time as any to give up sweets and junk food and to put focus on activity.

The plan includes:
  • Working out every morning at the gym (They open at 6am!)
  • Going to the gym after work if my whiny, lazy inner child won't let me wake up early enough
  • Following a balanced meal plan (kinda like weight watchers)
  • Counting the calories in everything I eat
  • Weighing every Sunday and measuring on 2/17, 3/10 and 3/28
  • Drinking a ton of water and only 1 beer or glass of wine/week
  • Avoiding sugar and fatty meats like the plague and limiting my bread intake
  • Updating my blog daily, like the good old days

I've been feeling really discouraged lately and giving up the fight on a daily basis and it would be super helpful if everyone that reads this would send me notes of encouragement throughout this endeavor.

Thanks in advance for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment