Thursday, October 8, 2015

Whole30 Day 28 It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!.

Apple slices with almond butter, black coffee, broiled flank steak, roasted cauliflower... 

All of these things sounded just okay before. 

I'd have preferred toast and peanut butter, iced coffee with cream and artificial sweetener, a cheese burger and fries...

Now, it's just how I eat, it's the top of the list of things I like. 

I'd still rather have ranch dressing than oil & vinegar, so I'll have the ranch, in moderation. If it makes chomping down a bunch of leafy greens and veggies so much more pleasant, it is a worthy concession to make. 

And I'll still use cheese and breadcrumbs in my cooking on occasion, but only when the flavor is better enhanced with those ingredients than with the suggested Paleo substitutes.

Last night I was thinking how I could make a meal plan and allow pizza once a month, and cheeseburgers w/fries, and giant burritos from Chipotle, and I got to a point where the spiral was rolling on and on and filling up all of my meal slots... and then I realized... 

My next big hurdle isn't my weight loss goal or the ability to cross my legs when seated; it's not having to plan every meal ahead of time so that no huge detours get in my way. 

This one will take time, and other milestones will be reached along the way, but the moment I feel that I have been unconsciously choosing healthy meals over fast and easy garbage food... that's when I know I've broken the cycle... and I know I'm well on my way.

Two more days until results!




Lunch-
Cherry Pecan Salad w/Grilled Steak & Blue Cheese Dressing

Dinner-
Chopped Steak w/Burnt Onions & Bacon, Broccoli & Roasted Cauliflower



Ramble On...

No comments:

Post a Comment