Friday, October 25, 2013

Getting Fired Up!

Do you want to know how many times I said "I wish I hadn't eaten that?" during my first Whole30?
ZERO!
Do you want to know how many times I have said it during my month off?
Oh my gord, I don't even know...
Of course, something like this wasn't really noticeable to me before; since I didn't know that feeling like a pile of crud after eating was not normal... or, actually was a problem... like, the root of all my ills...

I got off track way too fast when I finished with the reintroduction protocol. I have been asked why I'm doing this again, and that is the big reason why... Like I have said before, the weight loss is wonderful, but it is the secondary purpose for eating clean. Not getting heartburn, gas, headaches, bloating, mood swings, and inflamed tissue that aggravates my back problems are my priority number one.

During dairy... I got a super phlegmy throat and... well... a lady doesn't speak of such things.


During gluten grains, I learned I get a euphoric kind of high feeling and then a sudden desire to sleep and the inevitable crash within hours of eating the stuff.


During non-gluten grains... The most noticeable effect was that I bloated up like the stay-puft marshmallow man and my socks made grooves in my ankles.


During legumes... well, I never made it to legumes... I ate a bag of chips and lost it instead... and by lost it, I mean that literally



I'm attributing the success of sticking with  the Paleo life, during my first Whole30, to the countdown and accountability of the time frame...

Yeah, I might need to keep re-upping to a new set every time. Yeah, I might do a Whole30 every month... Whatever it takes to break this roller coaster is what I have to do.

I am hopeful for a day where one piece of cake won't undo my new attitude toward food. I know it will happen, no matter how long I have to stick to a Whole way of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment