Friday, September 11, 2015

Whole30 Day 1 I've been sane a long while now, and change is good.


9/11/2015

I am whole again... Well, Whole30 again...

Inspired by my friend Paige... again and a recent home clutter purge; I decided to get on the Whole30 plan to give a big kick start to my health goals. 

If I can bring myself to put away of all of the excess stuff on my kitchen counters, I should be able to let go of the junk crowding my guts for so long... I've been full of excuses and bad food choices so I am really feeling the need to get my act together and cut the crap.

This time around, I made a plan for the protocol when Day 31 shows up... unlike last time when I treated it like free for all and re-gained most of the weight and all of the back pain, migraines, and fatigue in the span of about two weeks.

How can I guarantee it will be different this time? I can't, but I also can't stop starting over... giving up is not an option... If I am not actively trying to better my health I am slowly sliding further into a pit that only gets harder to escape. 

So, today was Day 1... again... 
and I feel hopeful... again... 
and I'll check in with you all tomorrow... again...


Stats:

Starting Line-



254 lbs
Size 20 jeans 
Constant back pain
Regular heartburn and belching
Pressure headaches nearly everyday
Always tired
Knees clicking going up stairs
Exercise induced asthma

For reference, I am 5'2" tall... No strict food overhaul or workout plan can change that, sadly. 



Food:


Breakfast-
Coffee (because I practice Intermittent Fasting - really... read about it here Nerd Fitness - Intermittent Fasting)




Lunch-
Baked Eggs w/Avocado, Shredded Lettuce & Carrot Sticks



Dinner-
Cedar Plank Salmon w/Green Beans & Mashed Sweet Potato




Ramble On...

No comments:

Post a Comment