Monday, September 14, 2015

Whole30 Day 2-4 How would you feel about pullin' a Crazy Ivan?

Weekend recap! plus Monday!

Saturday and Sunday, or days 2-3; what the Whole30 timeline indicates is "The Hangover" period of the program, I spent most of my time propped up on pillows trying ice, heat, anti-inflammatory drugs and magnesium supplements trying to get the spasm in my neck to release... 

I was a pretty miserable site to behold. There is still major tightness in my neck, shoulder and upper back, but I am at least mobile now... just in time to return to work! Yay!!!

Last night around 6 I had enough of sitting and trying to hold still so I wouldn't be in pain; I got up and started working on meal prep for the weak and made myself dinner.

Though it took a lot longer and wore me out a lot more than if I had no pain, I got through a big chunk of the veggie chopping for the week and made myself a delicious meal... and some fantastic mayonnaise from scratch (thanks to my hand blender!)

Today was day 4 which is supposed to be a cranky "Kill all of the things" day, and my perfect timing puts day 4 and 5 right at the beginning of my period... I assumed this to be a deadly combo, but so far I am in much higher spirits and holding.

Meal recaps:

Saturday (day 2):

Lunch-
Shredded Lettuce Salad w/Grilled Chicken and Avocado Oil Dressing

Dinner-
11oz Ribeye with Baked Sweet Potato & Green Salad


Sunday (day 3):

Lunch-
3 Fried Eggs, Carrot Sticks, & a handful of Raw Pecan Halves

Dinner-
Skillet Meal - Peppers, Onions & Potatoes w/2 Eggs & Celery Sticks


Monday (day 4):

Lunch-
Pork Tenderloin w/Asparagus & Salad

Dinner- 
Steak w/Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Salad




Ramble On...

No comments:

Post a Comment