Sunday, January 5, 2014

five

Feeling much better today thanks to the wonderful expectorant I have been taking. Today was an adventure trying to get a snow thrower the day of a huge blizzard. We ended up finding a small business (Studz True Value Hardware) that had refurbished models on sale. With a 60 day money back guarantee, I figured why not? Still beats shoveling, right? I gave it a try and I have to say it was kinda fun just pushing it along while the snow went flying.

This morning I tested out a recipe that my sister shared on Facebook the other day which involves 1 banana mashed up and mixed with 2 eggs... Oh my gosh, you guys!

Breakfast 
Banana Egg Pancakes
Who needs flour? NOT ME!!! These were delicious and a really fun way to get my eggs in (omelets and scrambles get boring). If you like bananas, I highly recommend.

Lunch/Brunch
Gyro & Eggs with Hashed Browns
We went out for brunch w/ Bryan's parents and, while I did say I was allowing potatoes, I do not think I'll go for diner hashed browns again. This meal resulted in a major tummy ache. Everything else was great though.

After our Adventures in Purchasing Expensive Outdoor Equipment we headed back to Bryan's to test out the new toy and take care of some seriously stacked up laundry. Then it was time to FEAST!

Mixed Green Salad w/Hickory Smoked Turkey, Sugar Snap Peas & Red Wine Vinaigrette with Broccoli Slaw, Grapes & leftover Salt Potatoes
These potatoes did not make me feel sick last night so I figured they were a safe choice. Everything was really good, especially the broccoli slaw which I made with my mayo, red wine vinegar, and olive oil and some random spices like salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Really, really good and I did not miss the sugar that is usually the star of the slaw dressings.

All in all, this was a great Sunday. Since the Midwest is about to be buried in a million inches of snow, I get to work from home tomorrow. So day six will be a fun day of working in my PJ's and figuring out what to eat since the lunch I had planned is in my office freezer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment