Monday, January 6, 2014

six

Day six of eating a paleo diet went smooth as butta. I feel a lot better and can breathe through my nose again! 

Breakfast
Twin Eggs w/Roasted Red Peppers & Grilled Onions
This was a weird experience. The food was great, but I had never seen an egg with two yolks before; let alone two...
The 4th yolk broke on impact...
While there is no scientific cause for concern, the internet says that the superstition relates to an impending marriage... I'll say! :)
I read on and found out it's not that uncommon and you can buy them by the dozen at some places...

Lunch
Butternut Squash Soup w/Bacon
Well, they can't all be winners. This was just too weird with regard to flavor. I have yet to figure out a savory butternut squash soup recipe like the ones sold by V8 and Campbell's. Back to the drawing board.

Dinner
Athenian Chicken w/Greek Grean Beans and Chicken Gravy (reduced drippings w/lemon juice)
Really tasty, though a little dry. 

Today was a very cold day in the Detroit area. I saw -10 on my car's thermostat when I went out to clean it off (being proactive for the return to work tomorrow). So far I have worked 2 of the 3 business days, this year, from home. It's been nice to have a change if pace, but I'm happy to return to the office environment tomorrow. I miss my friends. :)

See you tomorrow evening when I recap a full week of grain, legume, and dairy free bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment