Wednesday, January 1, 2014

one

Eating clean for the next 45 days felt like a very welcome assignment for me as I drifted to sleep with an icky stomach last night. I had been feeling bloaty, achy, grumpy, and just plain lumpy. Then, I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat... by this evening (now) it is, for sure, a yucky cold coming on, complete with post nasal drip and a "hot eyes" feeling.
Oh, it's not going to stop me from doing 45 days of perfect eating, but I do feel like mega kuh kuh right now and want my comfort foods (crackers, ginger ale, orange juice, chicken noodle soup...) 

I'm hoping that my body quickly remembers how good it feels to eat whole, unprocessed, healthy foods and recovers quickly!

Here are some pictures of what I ate!!!

Breakfast
Avocado Stuffed Omelet 
Very good. Next time, I think I'll add tomato and bacon!

Lunch
Steak & Eggs w/Salsa
More eggs!!! Really yummy. I pan seared and then broiled the steak with Ghee for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Topped with a couple sunny-side-up eggs and my favorite salsa (La Preferieda)

Dinner
Chateaubriand Roast w/Green Beans & Mixed Baby Green Salad w/Pear Infused White Balsamic Vinaigrette

Really good food today. The grass-fed, organic roast was sooo flippin' good. It melted like butter in my mouf! Wooo!!!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment