Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 11: Countdown to Coffee

Oh how I miss my rich and robust caffienated friend! I smell it all through the office all the day and crave it's deliciousness! Seriously, water's getting boring. 9 days left to go... I can do this!

I went to the gym lasy night and did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine... I forgot how hard it is. At one point I could push myself to do a whole hour or up to 500 calories from the little meter on the machine. But now I have to really keep telling myself, "I can do it," to get through the halfway mark. Once I'm halfway I might as well finish, right? So I worked out and was feeling all good and endorphiney and went home to stretch (my favorite, for real) and I feel really good today. I'm definately going to keep up with a good cardio schedule.

Food wise I'm seeing an improvement in my attitude about what I'm choosing to eat. Last night I made a stir fry with some of my veggies and my roommate made some brown rice to go with it. It turned out to be super good and I had never made stir fry before. I've decided to share it with you. It should serve 4 hungry people.

Vegetable Stir Fry-
1/2 cup Baby Carrots cut into strips
1/2 cup Sweet Potato chopped
1/2 Yellow Pepper cut into strips
1/2 Green Pepper cut into strips
1/2 cup Sweet Yellow Onion cut into 1" thick strips
2 cups Mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup Edamame (Soy) Beans precooked/frozen thawed
2 cups Brown Rice cooked
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt and Cajun seasoning to taste

Heat the oil to just under medium heat in a large skillet. Add carrots and sweet potatoes. After about 3 minutes add peppers and onions and stir. Add mushrooms, edamame and seasoning after another 5 minutes. Stir to coat evenly with seasonings. Lower the heat to simmer, put a lid on it and walk away for 10 minutes. Serve over hot rice and eat it all up.

Serves 4-6 at only 248 calories per serving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment