Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2: Sore and Satisfied

This morning I woke up, still sore from the Jillian Michaels workout I did on Sunday afternoon... I'm not sure if I didn't stretch enough or if I was just way too out of shape for the Beginners Level 1 on the 30 Day Shred video, but I'm feeling pretty shredded and not in the good way.

Needless to say, I won't be working out today... I'm waiting for my torn muscles to heal before damaging them anymore.

Yesterday's meal plan went rather well with the intention of fasting for 24 hours being a success. From 6pm Sunday to 6pm on Monday I drank only water. At 6 on Monday I had a salad with lots of veggies and a fantastic olive oil and garlic dressing. I also broiled some zuchinni and summer squash with a little bit of spray oil and salt and pepper. I was satisfied by the time I finished my salad and was comfortably full after the squash. A few cravings hit after breaking my fast, but determination kept me in check.

For the record, I don't recommend anyone fast without consulting their doctor. The fact is that at 218 lbs I am not putting my body at risk if I choose to fast for a day or two. I've got a lot of stored energy my body can use and I believe fasting to be a biblical and spiritual event. So no worries, I'm no where near anorexia and have no intention of becomming skeletal, I just want to be able to run and wear skirts without my thighs falling apart... probably don't want to do both at the same time, but you get the idea. :)

As for today's meal plan. I'm going to try a consistant approach. I'm having some apples for breakfast, a nice salad with lot's of veggies for lunch and sliced avocado and tomatoes for dinner. I anticipate my physical hunger to be nonexistant, but my mental cravings to be off the charts... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment