Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 14: Mom's Gone Organic

I spent the day after church with my mom and dad doing laundry at their place. My mom made lunch and to my surprise she had all organic vegetables and some really good/healthy choices around the house. I had some homemade red lentil soup and a nice green salad with a vinaigrette that I made (mmmmm). When I got home around 6 I was still a bit full so I cooked all of my lunches (and some dinners) for the week and had a little bit of the red beans and rice that I'm having for lunch Wednesday. I'm still having spells of mentally craving unhealthy foods... I'm still struggling with hissy fits and inner arguments about the difference between want and need, but I've got 2 weeks out of 52 under my belt and I'm still committed.

The big number for loss this week is 0.6... not a whole pound, but it beats staying the same after trying so hard to not over eat and kicks the pants off of gaining.

If you're interested you can check my stats  here

I went to the gym once last week and didn't do one workout at home. I did help with a little lifting and running up and down stairs to move a friend's stuff into my basement, but I believe I need to be doing more intentional exercize. I haven't been making the time but I'm going to make a trip to the gym tonight and Wednesday night for some more elliptical abuse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment