Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 4: I Have To Cook

Pilates was awesome and actually helped me to get that final stretch in my legs making it possible to walk like a fully developed human again. My raw food day went well too, but I lost my mind around 8pm and made a bag of low fat microwave popcorn... Popcorn seems to be my weakness lately. Only 220 calories, but still, not planned.

The cravings I'm having are annoying, to say the least. I think I read somewhere that the body's addiction to the chemicals in processed foods should be broken by 72 hours after ending consumption of the garbage... but I believe it's going to take longer to break the mental addiction to Doritos and cheese dip.

Tonight I have to make a casserole for a dinner my church is hosting at a warming shelter in Ferndale. I'm not looking forward to having to cook and cube chicken and make a creamy sauce when I won't be able to have any of it. My plan for my dinner is roasted potatoes and sauteed mushrooms and onions so, hopefully, the consolation dinner will be enough to make up for smelling the Parmesan cheese on the casserole as it's baking.

I'm happy with my efforts so far, but I'm starting to think the same defeating thoughts that got me up to 218Lbs and I'm getting scared. My mantra lately has been "What do I want to love more, food or my body?"

Week one's meal plan (Fruits and Vegetables only) is more than halfway done and I'll be incorporating beans and legumes into my diet next week.

This isn't easy and it's only getting harder, but it helps to know that I have this blog to come to and that someday I might actually have people who read it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment