Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 12: Tiny Stomach

I've always heard that the human stomach is about the size of the average human's fist... but year's of training (or bad habits) have caused mine to stretch a bit and caused the nerves in there that say, "Hey! Enough already!!!", to be silent. In the last two weeks, because of my insanely restrictive kick off diet, I now feel like my stomach is super tiny. I eat a banana for breakfast and I'm full, I eat a whole can of lentil soup for lunch and I'm stuffed to the gills... this is great... this is why the arguments with myself and the hissy fits I threw in my head are all worthwhile. I'm making real progress in my attitude about food and I'm feeling good.

Yesterday was sooooo not about eating. It was about being really busy with year end close at work and being excited about starting up RPM (small group bible study) again. It was about going to see a friend I haven't seen in almost a year and staying out way past my bedtime watching zombie movies and chatting with an ex-marine and his friend from Portugal. When I lose the desire to have my face in a big bowl of food, I look up and see all of the fun I've been missing. There are so many people I've ignored or pushed aside just to sit at home and listen to the TV while I eat as many cheeseburgers and onion chips as I can cram into my mouth. I used to prefer Saturday nights to myself to "catch up on my DVR and Netflix" with a bag of Taco Bell or Mickey D's... When food is not just the substitute for friends, but the preference, there's a problem... I am so glad I'm through the other side and seeing where that path began. Never again.

Tonight. Cardio after work and then home for some R&R... I had 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm helping a friend move tomorrow so I'll need to be refreshed for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment