Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3: Everything Smells Wonderful

Yesterday went well.
I was still unable to walk like a normal 30 year old, but I made it through the day and stuck to my meal plan... sort of. I replaced my intended avocado and tomato salad dinner with about 8 cups of movie theater popcorn (no butter, of course). It turns out, though, that even that much popcorn is only 440 calories so as a meal goes it was ok... but I didn't get my healthy fat in for the day so I won't be able to make a habit of it. Another downside is that I didn't realize how much salt is really in the stuff when it was coated with. I drank about a gallon of water when I got home from the movie.

A couple new things I'm noticing:
  • I can smell things a whole lot better. Similar to when I quit smoking, my sense of smell is hightened. So much so that I can smell whatever people are heating up in the microwaves in the cafeteris that is about 60 yards away from my desk.
  • I'm excited to be able to work out again. My tiny stint with a sports injury is upsetting, but it's less about having hurt myself and more about not being physically capable of following my workout plan. 

Tonight I intend to do a 20 minute basic pilates workout just to keep things going. I expect to be fully recovered by tomorrow and I plan to tackle the 30 Day Shred again... hopefully this time I'll make it through without hurting myself. I'll definitely be spending more time stretching when the video ends though. :)

As for the meal plan: Today is a new approach. Day 1 I fasted, Day 2 I went with moderation (and popcorn!) today I'm working on a steady flow of raw fruits and vegetables. I'm thinking my body might react better to variety and not just a variety of foods. My hope is that this variety method will keep my metabolism guessing and it's a lot more fun for me. It's also easier for me to stay focused on the little goals if I keep changing the game plan each day. We'll see, huh?

Almost to the half way point of the first week!!! 51 and 1/2 to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment