Sunday, September 8, 2013

Whole 30 Day 7

One week down!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling so good about making it through a whole-hearted, committed week on this challenge. Today was a bit rougher as far as food smells though. The office was emitting wonderful scents of kettle corn, warmed up sandwiches, and frozen pasta meals from the microwave. I don't even like kettle corn!!!

Lunch was delicious though. I had an asian inspired chop salad with chicken, cashews, and dried cherries on a bed of chopped romaine, bok choy, scallion, cabbage, and red pepper with a dressing I made from my homemade mayo and a jar of roasted red peppers. 


For dinner I made a pot roast in my slow cooker with onions and peppers. I coated it with some of the garlic spread I had leftover from my last middle eastern restaurant visit and let it slow simmer on low while I was at work. Unfortunately the garlic wasn't enough to flavor the meat and I forgot that I hate cooked peppers. :) I ended up dowsing the beef with mustard and had an orange for desert.


I might be able to salvage the rest of the roast as a stew or just freeze it for when I can have some potatoes. 

My headache today was proof positive that there was sugar or dairy in the omelet yesterday. Oh well, just have to carry on with a closer eye on ingredients.
Also, the secondary goal of this challenge is to lose some weight, but the Whole 30 guidelines say you should not weigh or measure except for before and after the program. I can say that my pants are starting to feel loose!

Also, I forgot to thank my friend Paige who's daily Facebook posts inspired me to try this myself. Thanks for firing it up girl!

On to the second quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment