Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whole30 Day 2

Day 2 is under my belt and I'm luckily not experiencing the headache I was promised yet... Though, maybe yesterday's migraine was a part of after all. 

Anyhow, today went well and I finally made it to the grocery store to stock up on good stuff. 

Lunch today was done chicken and this wonderful dish my Aunt Lorrie introduced me to call Imam Bayildi (layered eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and bit but of a spice kick). Very good. I felt an extreme need for sweet so I had some golden raisins too.

Dinner... Oh dinner!
I got a fresh cut of Angus steak while shopping and grilled it in my cast iron skillet in Ghee... aMAHzing! Sides were roasted sweet potato and a sliced orange. I couldn't finish the steak so now I have a future lunch already done! :)

I'm feeling fine, though looking at all the packages to see if there is added sugar, MSG, nitrates, or sulfates is a bit disheartening. Every package of Bacon or lunch meat had sugar added... Every single one... Even the "uncured" bacon. I need to find a bacon that I'm allowed to eat!!! 

Does anyone know of a brand of all natural, no sugar added, uncured bacon and where I can find it? I'd greatly appreciate it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment