Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Whole Life - Whole30 Day 1

So I ended up waiting until today to start my first Whole 30. With the holiday weekend and beginning the preparations to paint the new house it was much easier to go with faster food like Jimmy John's and Potbelly...

I have had a migraine all day, though I don't think it's related to the challenge as it hasn't yet been 24 hours.

I made some delicious chicken soup with onions and carrots from the remnants of a roasted chicken and had some for lunch. I was a little amazed at how filling and satisfying a big bowl of homemade soup could be. 

For dinner I'm having an omelet made with 2 eggs and 1 egg white and some onions grilled in Ghee. Very good.


I didn't have much free time to prepare and plan meals, but I didn't want to wait to begin, so I'm winging it until I get a few hours on a Saturday to get things made, packed and frozen.

For now it'll be a lot of soup and eggs. :) 
I may have to make a special trip to the market to get some nuts fruit and veggies to get by until then.

That's it for today. I'll post again tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment