Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Whole30 Day 26

Today was busy! Ikea, first viewing service for my grandpa, season opening of SNL...

I got my day started with some eggs, onions, and prosciutto.

Way too much prosciutto learned the hard way. Sadly, I ended up tossing about half of the topping because it was just too rich. The banana in the picture was fantastic though. Not many people know, but the flavor of bananas are perfect when the skin just starts to get brown spots. So sweet, but not yet mushy. I can't stand them when the skin is too yellow still. :)

Grabbed a small side salad from Wendy's for lunch and added some leftover chicken. Same ol', same ol'... Kinda gettin' antsy to add more variety to my diet.

There were a lot of tears today and sad faces and that was just at Ikea. Seriously though, I know dealing with the death of a friend or relative is an awkward time for everyone. It's just kind weird, because people have been dying since forever. You'd think we'd be used to it by now. 

Logic tells me he is free from pain and struggle, but my heart just misses him so much. No matter the fact that I did see him quite a bit and that he was a constant presence in my life, I just wish I had spent more time, had more birthdays, holidays, parties. I wish I could dance with him at my wedding. 

On to brighter things, 30 - 26 = 4
Four days remain until I begin the "reintroduction protocol"!!! Sounds all technical, but just means I take a few days to add things back one at a time to see if they are a part of my issues. Once completed, I will be on my way to an 80/20 paleo life. :)

On to Day 27

No comments:

Post a Comment