Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Whole30 Day 17

Seventeen days have passed since I started my first Whole 30 and I don't think I have really stopped to explain what it is. It comes from a book by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig called, "It Starts With Food" and something about changing your life, yadda, yadda, yadda .

I can't gush enough about how, even only seventeen days in, I feel changed. My "need to feed" is diminished to about zero. Cravings (real ones, not times I've said, "I miss pizzaaaaaa") are not gone, they're different. I have been craving watermelon, cashews, lamb, sweet potatoes, steak, avocado, and middle eastern salad dressing.

I also can't find the words to express my love of not measuring or weighing one damn thing this whole time. My clothes fit better, my skin is clearer, my aches and pains are disappearing, and I'm in an overall better mood. I'm not missing out on a thing. I've never heard, "there are donuts in the kitchen" and thought, "aw man! I am going to regret not eating one!".

I can't say it has been easy, but it has not been very hard at all and I know why they say, in the book, something like "don't you dare tell us this is hard".

This challenge has given me freedom from the self destructive nature of my relationship with food. I can't imagine sitting in the couch dipping Doritos in a can of processed cheese product or polishing off a whole can of Pringles in 20 minutes. I actually can't see myself eating one single Pringle again. <--- rhyming! Nailed it!

Anyway, on to the food pics!
Lunch was in my belly before I remembered to snap a pic... Again.
Potbelly Farmhouse Salad w/o cheese.

Aaaaaand for dinner, all I wanted was watermelon, but they were out at the market, so I went with my third favorite melon (they were out of honeydew too)

Cantaloupe, or as I call it  "Sing, Lupe!!!"

On to Day 18 folks!

G'night!



No comments:

Post a Comment