Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Whole30 Day 28

Day 28 was spent saying "see you later" to a wonderful man. My grandpa will be missed by so many who came out to pay respect and to honor his life. I am so lucky to have had such a selfless, caring, devoted example of unconditional love in my life.

The ceremony was beautiful. I got to honor him in song by closing the mass with "How Great Thou Art" and God gave me just enough clear nose time to do a decent job. 

There was a luncheon and I had a good sampling of turkey lunch meat, kielbasa and sauerkraut, olives, dill pickles, and some broasted chicken... I again neglected to take a photo.

After that, I headed home to catch up on some work and had some leftover chicken, and tuna with celery for dinner.

And a delicious orange and pear for dessert!

Back to welcome reality for a few days before flying to Portland for my cousin's wedding on Friday. Two days remain of my first Whole30 and I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I think I'll do this a couple times a year from now on.

Day 29, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment